Introduction to Web Design
(no prior knowledge of web design or HTML required)
Starting from May 2011, the course lasts for 7 sessions of one day a week (2 hours each session).
Maximum of 6 people per class.
Course Details and Syllabus
The tutor has over three years of experience
teaching in a community environment, Cert. Ed qualification, Level 3 in
Web Design, HND Graphic Design and Microsoft Expert in Word.
Learn to design a basic website in HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)*, how to update the content and how to upload your completed site to a server.
- Learn how to use notepad to create a basic html web page.
- How to create headings, paragraphs and line breaks.
- How to resize text and make bold and italic.
- How to align text to left, right and middle of a page.
- How to change the background colour of your page.
- How to change the text colour.
- How to change the font.
- How to change the type of list.
- How to insert images and align text around an image.
- How to create a table to keep your page neat.
- How to create hyperlinks and email links.
- How to publish your site.
A Certificate of Completion is provided.
*HTML is the coding language used to create documents for use on the World Wide Web - web pages - so that they can be interpreted and viewed by a web
browser. Hypertext links allow moving to another page by way of clicking
on the link. Coding is by way of "tagging" plain text so that it is
formatted for size, colour, accentuation and position.
For further details or to book a place on our next course, please telephone 01422 844991